BIM DESIGN SOFTWARE FOR FIRESTOP
Hilti Button for Firestop AutoCAD Plug-in
Firestop design can be very complex.
There are many different types of penetrations – for pipes, ducts and cable trays.
There are also many different approvals involved and pieces of technical data, which explain how a product withstands fire and which approvals it complies with.
So to simplify all of this, we’ve created our Hilti Button for Firestop – automating the entire firestop design process, with no need for expert firestop design knowledge.
HOW WE’RE AUTOMATING FIRESTOP DESIGN
Our Hilti Button for Firestop identifies, selects and places Hilti firestop solutions straight into your design.
It integrates directly into your BIM workflow with Autodesk® design software including Revit®, Navisworks®, AutoCAD® MEP and Fabrication CADmep™.
Our firestop systems are all designed to prevent the spread of smoke, flames and toxic gases in the event of a fire, helping to protect buildings and save lives.
Our Hilti Button for Firestop:
Identifies firestop applications in your design and automatically selects the right Hilti solution and product for each application.
There’s no need for extensive knowledge of firestop design.
Places the firestop products directly into your 3D BIM model. There’s no need to manually insert each application, saving you design time.
Integrates with our Hilti Point Creator and Field Points Plug-ins to transfer your design data into your Hilti layout tools. You can then turn your digital design into layout points on the jobsite.
- Pulls out the bill of materials and places orders directly on Hilti Online.
- Creates submittals with all the approvals attached.
- Integrates seamlessly into Autodesk building design software.
HOW CAN HILTI BUTTON FOR FIRESTOP SPEED UP MY DESIGN
Hilti Button for Firestop can help to save time by planning firestop from the start of any project.
It integrates directly with Autodesk® design software, so you can start to plan your firestop applications from the moment you design your whole project.
This can help to save time-consuming improvisation on the jobsite and speed up the inspection process. This can also reduce the risk of delays onsite and keep you in control, so you know which application should go where.
It can also save time by:
- Automatically choosing the right product for hundreds of applications in the model – saving time in reading codes and technical data.
- Automatically places firestop products into your design – there’s no need to do that manually.
- Automatically creates submittals ready for inspections – saving time compiling complex lists of documents manually.
- Creating an accurate estimate with a bill of materials.
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH AUTODESK®
Our Hilti Button for Firestop seamlessly integrates with the Autodesk® ecosystem including:
- Navisworks® Manage 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Revit® 2015 and 2016
- AutoCAD® MEP 2015 and 2016
- Fabrication CADmep™ 2016
Share this content