UAE VAT implementation
Dear valued customers
Starting 01/01/2018 the new VAT regulation will be implemented, and Hilti Emirates like most organizations in the country is in process of making the necessary changes to comply with local requirements and ensure a seamless transfer into the new regime.
Whilst we want to ensure that there is minimum or no interruption to our services, we will not be able to avoid planned interruption during the transition period. This communication is drafted to prompt you ahead of time on the transition period for Hilti and the impact thereof, so you can plan accordingly by taking into consideration the following:
· Due to system migration, our operations will be closed from 29th Dec 2017 until 1st Jan 2018. All orders received after business hours of 28th Dec 2017 will be processed on the 2nd Jan 2018 and therefore will be subject to 5% VAT.
· Our Hilti Stores in Al Qouz, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi will also remain closed from 29th Dec 2017 to 1st Jan 2018.
· All orders which are partially or fully not delivered (open orders) as at end of 28th Dec 2017 will be cancelled and to that extent we will request you to issue a new LPO inclusive of 5% VAT for the order to be processed when we resume business on 2nd Jan 2018. We will work closely with you to ensure that the open orders are minimized.
· Furthermore, the migration will also require us to close any chargeable Repair orders after business hours of 25th Dec 2017. We will resume taking orders for such repairs from 2nd Jan 2018 which will be subject to 5% VAT.
In summary please be advised that
▪ All Purchase orders agreed before 29/12/2017 and neither delivered nor invoiced before 29/12/2017, will be subject of 5% VAT per the new UAE law as the orders will be processed after 1st Jan 2018.
▪ All Purchase orders, submitted by customers, agreed by Hilti Emirates and invoiced in full before 29/12/2017, will not be subject of 5% VAT even if the goods are in transit.
We will provide you with any new VAT implementation related information and thank you in advance for your cooperation, please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any questions.
Please enter Text here